This concept is generally the same as Alternate 2, but it eliminates the left hand
turn onto Hypolita Street. The new orientation separates north and south bound
traffic with a 4’ divider, which helps to reduce the curb-to-curb cross section by 9’.
This additional room is added to the bayfront linear park.
The left turn onto Hypolita is not currently used by alternative transit (i.e. trams and
horse carriages), but it does provide the only west-bound connection between
Cathedral Place and West Castillo Drive. The advantages of eliminating it includes:
• Elimination of left-turning cars, which helps north-bound traffic flow.
• The south-bound Bridge of Lions traffic can stack (queue) without
blocking this intersection.
• An additional 9’ is converted from a “vehicular” to a “pedestrian” zone.
South Castillo Drive (same as Alternate 2)
The Halback Design Group team would greatly appreciate your feedback on the conceptual alternative you just reviewed. Your comments will help guide the team and the overall design. This is our community's waterfront, and your comments are important. Please note that only one survey response is permitted from each computer.
The City of St. Augustine and the Halback Design Group team would like to highlight that continual opportunities for public feedback are available:
Jeremy Marquis, LEED AP, Project Manager, Halback Design Group, Inc.
Phone: 904.825.6747; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 10 - City Commission
February 14 - City Commission
March 14 - Fourth Public Meeting (Commission Workshop
April 11 - City Commission
(Note New Dates)
Data Collection, Research, Assessment, Framework
July 26 – September 17
• Kickoff Meeting
• City Commission Meeting – August 23 -
“Planning Kickoff & Project Update”
• Full Data Collection through Framework Plan
• First Public Meeting – Thursday. September 16 (evening)
Alternative Design Options
September 20 – January 24
• City Commission Meeting – October 11 -
“Research Findings & Alternative Design Intro”
• Conceptual Designs
• Preferred Plans
• Second Public Meeting – Thursday, November 18 (evening)
• Third Public Meeting – Friday, November 19 (afternoon)
• PZB (January 4, 2011 @ 2pm)
• Parking & Traffic (January 13, 2011 @ 9am)
• Anastasia Boulevard business owners (January 13 @ 6:30pm, Alligator Farm education center)
• Historic Area Chamber of Commerce (January 14 @ 8:30am, Prosperity Bank community room)
• HARB (January 20, 2011 @ 2pm)
• City Commission Meeting - January 24, 2011 @ 5pm - "Four Alternative Plans & Kickoff of Final Master Plan"
• City Commission Meeting - February 14, 2011 @ 5pm - "Six Alternative Plans & Kickoff of Final Master Plan"
Final Master Plan, Preliminary Design & Engineering
January 24 – March 11
• Final Master Plan (based on preferred alternate), Modeling, Permit Requirements, etc.
• Meetings as needed.
Grant Application & Wrap Up Meetings
March 11 – March 28
• Meetings as needed.
• Commission Workshop - March 14 - Alternate 12A
• City Commission Meeting – April 11 -
“Final Master Plan and Next Steps”
Note: This schedule is subject to change and is provided for informational purposes only.